While you are using our postpartum care services the owner of Triangle Mothercare, Shelley Pelone, is available 24/7 if you have any questions or concerns.
Call us at 919-225-2493 or contact us by email.
Baby Care and Education
- General baby care such as diapering, bathing, cord care, holding and soothing, feeding and nurturing your baby all night long. We have experience with singles, multiples and preemies.
- We are full of information about babies and love to share it. Feeding issues, soothing techniques, info about physical and mental development, etc. How and when to establish routines.
- Checking on you regarding proper healing, answering your questions. Providing water and snacks for you at night if needed when you get up to breastfeed.
- Emotional support. We are good listeners and keep things confidential.
- Helping you get a good latch, improve your milk supply, support for sore nipples, engorgement, mastitis, and thrush/yeast. Helping you learn about pumping, milk storage and positioning while breastfeeding.
- How to prepare formula, types of bottles and nipples, cleaning and sterilizing bottles and equipment and making out bottles for the night or next day.
Laundry and Housework
- Baby clothes, family clothes, sheets and towels.
- No housework is done at night except laundry and dishes.
- Leave those dishes in the sink…we can load, run and unload dishwasher.
- We do not cook at night but will make snacks for you such as cut up fruit, cut up salad fixings or sandwiches to eat at night if breastfeeding.
Baby Announcements and Thank You Notes
- Will address envelopes and stuff them, time permitting.
- When out of scope of practice we will refer you to other professionals (ex: doctors, therapists, LC’s, etc.).
Things We Don’t Do:
- We don’t give medication like Tylenol or Zantac, etc. But we can hold your baby while you administer meds!
- We don’t let babies sleep on their stomach.
- We don’t sleep train babies on our own, but we can help you determine and implement the best sleep routine for you and your baby.
- We don’t drive your car or ours with you or baby in it.
- We don’t do heavy house cleaning like scrubbing toilets and bath tub, washing windows, mopping floors.
- We don’t cook at night but can prepare light snacks for you to have during the night or for the next day like cutting up some fruit, veggies or sandwiches.
- We don’t work for you at night if you are out of town. At least one parent must be home at night.