While you are using our postpartum care services the owner of Triangle Mothercare, Shelley Pelone, is available 24/7 if you have any questions or concerns.
Call us at 919-225-2493 or contact us by email.
Baby Care and Education
- General baby care such as diapering, bathing, cord care, holding and soothing, feeding and nurturing your baby…care so you can have time to rest and refresh. If you have older children this can give you time to spend with them so they can have special time with you.
- We are full of information about babies and love to share it. Feeding issues, soothing techniques, information about physical and mental development, etc.
- Checking on you regarding proper healing, answering your questions, helping you have time for showers and rest, and in fact, “nagging” you to get enough rest and nutrition!
- Emotional support. We are good listeners and keep things confidential.
- Helping you get a good latch, improve your milk supply, support for sore nipples, engorgement, mastitis and thrush/yeast. Helping you learn about pumping, milk storage and positioning while breastfeeding.
- How to prepare formula, types of bottles and nipples, cleaning and sterilizing bottles and equipment and making bottles for the night or next day.
- Baby clothes, family clothes, sheets and towels (we can change out bed linens and bathroom towels).
Housework and Kitchen Cleanup
- Picking up living area, sweeping/swiffering/vacuuming, taking out garbage and emptying diaper pail.
- Help with nursery set up or sorting baby clothes, arrange baby care stations.
- Some light ironing.
- Leave those dishes in the sink…we will load, run and unload dishwasher.
- We will clean up kitchen; wipe down counters and hand wash pots and pans.
- We will make simple lunches for you if you have ingredients on hand.
- We will cook meals for you (including shopping if that’s desirable).
- We will make snacks for fridge such as cut up fruit, cut up salad fixings or sandwiches.
- We can run errands including to grocery store and drug store.
- We can go to the Dr.’s office with you but you have to drive and be in your car.
- We love dogs and cats and will do what we can to help your pets adjust to the new family situation. Tell us what they need and we will help with it. We can take your dog for a walk if needed.
Baby Announcements and Thank You Notes
- Will address envelopes and stuff them.
- When out of scope of practice we will refer you to other professionals (ex: doctors, therapists, LC’s, sleep specialists, etc.).
Things We Don’t Do:
- We don’t give medication like Tylenol or Zantac, etc. But we can hold your baby while you administer meds!
- We don’t let babies sleep on their stomach.
- We don’t sleep train babies on our own, but we can help you determine and implement the best sleep routine for you and your baby.
- We don’t drive your car or ours with you or baby in it.
- We don’t do heavy house cleaning like scrubbing toilets and bath tub, washing windows, mopping floors.