Baby Care and Education
- General baby care such as diapering, bathing, cord care, holding and soothing, feeding and nurturing your baby…care so you can have time to rest and refresh. If you have older children this can give you time to spend with them so they can have special time with you.
- We are full of information about babies and love to share it. Feeding issues, soothing techniques, information about physical and mental development, etc.
- Checking on you regarding proper healing, answering your questions, helping you have time for showers and rest, and in fact, “nagging” you to get enough rest and nutrition!
- Emotional support. We are good listeners and keep things confidential.
- Helping you get a good latch, improve your milk supply, support for sore nipples, engorgement, mastitis and thrush/yeast. Helping you learn about pumping, milk storage and positioning while breastfeeding.
- How to prepare formula, types of bottles and nipples, cleaning and sterilizing bottles and equipment and making bottles for the night or next day.
- Baby clothes
Housework and Kitchen Cleanup
- Picking up and vacuuming living area, taking out garbage and emptying diaper pail.
- Help with nursery set up or sorting baby clothes, arrange baby care stations.
- Leave those dishes in the sink…we will load, run and unload dishwasher.
- Wipe down kitchen counters and hand wash pots and pans.
- We will make simple lunches for you if you have ingredients on hand.
- We will help prep and/or cook light meals for you (including shopping if that’s desirable).
- We will make snacks for fridge such as cut up fruit, cut up salad fixings or sandwiches.
- We can run errands including to grocery store and drug store.
- We can go to the doctor’s office with you but you have to drive and be in your car.
- We love dogs and cats and will do what we can to help your pets adjust to the new family situation. Tell us what they need and we will help with it. We can take your dog for a walk if needed.
Baby Announcements and Thank You Notes
- Will address envelopes and stuff them.
- When out of scope of practice we will refer you to other professionals (ex: doctors, therapists, LC’s, sleep specialists, etc.).
Things We Don’t Do:
- We don’t give medication like Tylenol or Zantac, etc. But we can hold your baby while you administer meds!
- We don’t let babies sleep on their stomach.
- We don’t sleep train babies on our own, but we can help you determine and implement the best sleep routine for you and your baby.
- We don’t drive your car or ours with you or baby in it.
- We don’t do heavy house cleaning like scrubbing toilets and bath tub, washing windows, mopping floors.
Postpartum Doulas providing in home care for newborn babies, new mothers and families in Chapel Hill, Durham, Raleigh, Carrboro, Hillsborough, Pittsboro, Apex, Cary, Holly Springs, Willow Springs, Angier, Morrisville, Knightdale, Garner, Clayton and Wake Forest North Carolina.